I walk past a flower stand nearly everyday outside Hove station, they always have the most beautiful range of bouquets and every time I see them I think about how nice a bunch of flowers would look in my bedroom. I have been doing this for about a year, then today, I stopped, picked up my favourite bunch, and bought them. Why did this take me a whole year, what was I waiting for? Did I want someone else to get them for me? Was I waiting for a special occasion? Did I think about a more responsible way to spend £15? I don’t know, but its likely that all these reasons ran through my head. Anyway, Im currently sitting in bed, looking at my beautiful new flowers, and thinking about what a nice thing it is to buy yourself flowers. They brighten up my room, they make me smile, and I dont feel guilty for not spending that money on petrol, or toilet roll, or something equally as dull.
Here are ten reasons why you should buy yourself flowers:
- You deserve them. For special occasions, for Mondays, for Tuesdays, and because you got up this morning.
- To remind yourself that you are enough, and that you’re doing really good.
- They will brighten up your living space, and you can’t help but feel like a put together grown up when you have a vase of (living) flowers in your room.
- Because you walked past them and they looked lovely.
- You don’t need to wait for anyone else to buy them for you.
- Flowers are beautiful, and you always deserve more beauty in your life.
- Because it’s a great way to be kind to yourself.
- Because you have survived a lot, and are still surviving.
- Flowers are one of those completely unnecessary, totally optional things in life, and sometimes it’s good to do unnecessary things because they make you happy.
- Because why the fuck not.